Lebanon woman escapes house fire through bathroom window

  • Source: KEZI-TV ABC 9 Eugene
  • Published: 06/15/2021 08:49 AM

A fire broke out in a Lebanon home early Tuesday morning. According to the Lebanon Fire District, at about 2 a.m. a woman heard a smoke detector going off while showering. The resident then noticed smoke coming from around the bathroom door, so she escaped through a window. The woman saw flames coming from her bedroom and tried to put it out with a garden hose. Officials says she then notified family members who lived down the street. The resident’s uncle arrived and entered the home through a bedroom window where he encountered heavy smoke with heat and could see a fire near the wall. The family member attempted to extinguish the blaze with a fire extinguisher and threw a burning mattress outside, through the window. The resident then called 911.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe