Josephine County: Body cam video shows Rural Metro fighting fire reportedly caused by extension cord

  • Source: KDRV-TV ABC 12 Medford
  • Published: 01/23/2023 03:08 PM

A few weekend fires are bringing an advisory from Rural Metro Fire (RMF) in Josephine County. It says a fire destroyed a shop and pickup early this morning in the 200 block of Teel Lane in the New Hope area southwest of Grants Pass. It says though no injuries were reported, the fire is one of three fires in three days involving extension cords running to vehicles. The Office of State Fire Marshal is leading the investigation into its cause. RMF says the Office of State Fire Marshal concluded the cause of this morning's fire was related to an electrical issue involving an extension cord ran from the shop out to a pickup truck to power a "block heater" used to keep diesel engines warm during cold temperatures. RMF says it remains unclear as to whether the extension cord or block heater failed first.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe