Extension cord blamed in west Erie fire

  • Source: Erie Times & News
  • Published: 07/09/2018 11:50 AM

Erie fire officials said an undersized extension cord plugged into an air conditioner set off a fire that damaged a Liberty Street residence on Monday afternoon. Two people escaped injury in the fire, which was reported at 2710 Liberty St. on Monday at 12:50 p.m. Erie firefighters arrived to find fire in a second-floor bedroom of the two-story house, Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Carroll said. The fire started in a bedroom where an air-conditioner was plugged into an extension cord, Carroll said. The fire caused extensive damage to the bedroom and smoke damage throughout the second floor, he said. Liberty Street was blocked off to traffic between West 26th and West 29th streets while firefighters were at the scene.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe