VIDEO: The Pottsville Fire Chief says it was the quick work of fire crews that prevented a fire inside a rowhome from spreading to other connecting rowhomes on that block.
The chief says flames broke out at a rowhome at 914 West Race Street just before 10 a.m.
The man who lives there was at home at the time; he was taken to the hospital with burns to his arms, hands, and feet. Susan Rivera lives across the street.
"I went to take my daughter to work, and I saw a whole bunch of smoke. And I have my granddaughter and my daughter at the house, so I got worried,” said Rivera.
Taryn Rorabaugh and her brother Christian Morasco say a neighbor alerted them to the fire.
"There was a woman who was coming along, I think this way, knocking on all the doors,” said Rorabaugh.