Upper Darby High School Dismissed Early After Student Sets Paper Towel Roll On Fire In Bathroom

  • Source: KYW-TV CBS 3 Philadelphia
  • Published: 09/23/2021 12:00 AM

Students at Upper Darby High School were evacuated on Wednesday after a fire in a bathroom at the school. A student caused the fire after setting a paper towel roll on fire, which spread to the dispenser in one of the bathrooms, a letter from the school district says. A staff member discovered the fire and was able to contain it. School administration called 911 and evacuated all students and staff from the building. The Upper Darby Fire Department arrived and determined that students and staff would not be able to resume class or access the building to obtain their personal belongings. Students were dismissed from outside the evacuation areas.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe