Firefighters injured in Chambersburg house fire

  • Source: WHTM-TV ABC 27 Harrisburg
  • Published: 08/05/2022 01:40 PM

Two firefighters were injured while battling a house fire on Friday afternoon, according to the Chambersburg Fire Department. The Chambersburg Fire Department responded to the 300 block of Glen Street around 1:15 p.m. for a single-family house fire. All occupants in the home were outside and accounted for upon arrival. One firefighter was injured during a partial ceiling collapse that caused a shoulder injury. A second firefighter was injured due to electrical shock from a compromised appliance. Both of the injuries occurred within the first 15 minutes of the incident and both firefighters were treated on-scene. The Chambersburg Fire Department says the fire remains under investigation, but appears to be accidental. The fire caused an estimated $200,000 worth of damage and was under control in 20 minutes.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe