Fire damages New Kensington home

  • Source: TribLIVE
  • Published: 08/06/2022 02:20 PM

A fire broke out in a New Kensington home early Saturday morning. No one was home when the fire started after midnight at a house on Freeport Street, said homeowner Phillipene Orr. “The fire appears to have started on the stove top,” New Kensington Fire Chief Ed Saliba Jr. said, explaining that it seemed something had been left on the stove unattended. The majority of damage, he said, was contained to the kitchen, though the home also suffered damage from a “considerable amount of smoke.” Firefighters had to pull down some portions of ceilings and walls to knock out the blaze, Saliba said. “My kitchen is totally burnt,” Orr said. Saliba said firefighters were on the scene for about an hour. Crews from Arnold and Lower Burrell assisted the New Kensington firefighters, he said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe