Fire destroys East Huntingdon mobile home, 2 displaced

  • Source: TribLIVE
  • Published: 08/18/2022 04:38 PM

An East Huntingdon man and his home health aide escaped unharmed from a fire Thursday afternoon that destroyed the residence he shared with his son. The fire, which was reported at 12:30 p.m., gutted two bedrooms and a bathroom in one end of the mobile home of John Thomas of Mt. Nebo Church Road, and caused heat damage throughout the structure, said Chris Brinker, East Huntingdon assistant fire chief. The cause of the fire was a malfunction in the hot water tank, which sparked a fire above the ceiling, Brinker said. The structure held one mobile home inside another, making it harder for firefighters to reach the blaze, Brinker said. Thomas, who resides with his son, Byron Thomas, said his home health aide smelled smoke in the ceiling and got him out of the structure. The aide was not identified.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe