Crews battled a fire at an apartment building in McKeesport on Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Hartman Street for the three-alarm fire at the four-story apartment building.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they saw Mykia Mitchell and her baby trapped on the top floor. They grabbed a ground ladder and pulled them down safely.
"I was asleep and the flames woke me up," she said. "I ran and grabbed my daughter, my baby, she's a couple of months old. We had to climb out the ladder out the window."
Tony Otto was putting up Christmas decorations when he smelled smoke. He and other neighbors ran over to help and caught people jumping from the burning apartment building.
One man was rushed to the hospital after jumping from a window to escape the flames.