15 hospitalized after Chambersburg Kohl’s carbon monoxide incident

  • Source: WHTM-TV ABC 27 Harrisburg
  • Published: 06/24/2022 12:00 AM

Fifteen Chambersburg Kohl’s employees are in the hospital after a carbon monoxide incident took place Thursday morning. According to the Chambersburg Fire Chief Dustin Ulrich, around 9:30 a.m. police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual. The Chambersburg Fire Department also responded and upon arrival, responders noticed their carbon monoxide tester was going off on their equipment. The store was evacuated and all employees were tested for carbon monoxide. Twenty-four workers tested positive and fourteen were taken to either Chambersburg or Waynesboro hospitals. When the unresponsive employee woke up, they were tested for carbon monoxide. Due to the level being so high, they were flown to a hospital in Baltimore. The conditions of those involved are unknown at this time.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe