Peters Township home destroyed in possible electrical outlet fire

  • Source: WPXI-TV NBC 11 Pittsburgh
  • Published: 06/19/2024 11:44 PM

VIDEO: A Peters Township family lost their home in what may have been an electrical outlet fire. Patrick Cullen told Channel 11 he opened up his door last night to smoke and tried to put out the flames himself. “I came home and opened the front door, and there was a bunch of smoke and I ran to my truck and got a fire extinguisher, and came around the back to try and put it out but it was too smokey,” Cullen said. An indoor camera caught the flames going up the wall. Patrick said there was nothing plugged into that socket. “We are assuming it was an electric outlet. That’s where the fire came from... luckily we had video from inside the house,” Cullen said. Medics treated him for smoke inhalation. The state police fire marshal is still investigating.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe