Seven families affected by Middletown fire

  • Source: Newport Mercury
  • Published: 07/10/2018 05:37 PM

Occupants of several units at the East Bay Village apartment complex were displaced after an afternoon blaze on Tuesday. The Middletown Fire Department was dispatched to 969 West Main Road at 2:26 p.m. for a structure fire near the exterior of Building 4 of the complex. All occupants escaped, and the fire quickly was controlled, a Middletown Fire official told The Daily News. The cause of the fire, according to the official, was improper disposal of smoking material. The occupants will be displaced while repairs are conducted. The American Red Cross, in a press release later Tuesday, said it is helping the seven families — 11 adults — affected. In addition to helping with immediate needs, the Red Cross is providing comfort kits with toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving supplies and other essentials.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe