Crews respond to house fire in Warwick

  • Source: WJAR-TV NBC 10 Providence
  • Published: 02/07/2019 12:00 AM

An electrical cable that was connected to a surveillance camera may have sparked a fire that destroyed a home on Oakland Beach, according to a Warwick fire investigator. Warwick Fire Marshal Michael Matteson told NBC 10 News that the camera on the second-story porch was plugged into a zip-cord, which wasn’t weather proof. Matteson said it’s highly probable that cable sparked the fire, which then spread when an electrical wire adjacent to the home caught fire. Video taken from the scene captured flames shooting out of the second floor of a home located at 20 Overton St. at around noon Thursday. As the fire was growing, Kimsren Gnoa received a voicemail from her husband, who was home with their two kids, saying the house next door was on fire. Gnoa’s husband began pounding on the door of the home where his landlords live to tell them to get out. Tydell Johnson’s parents live in the home that was destroyed.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe