A Glocester home on Camelot Way was deemed a total loss from the State Fire Marshal after a large fire broke out on Sunday night. According to the Fire Marshal's office, crews responded to a the Camelot Way fire at around 10:30 p.m. The office also says tanker trucks from Connecticut were called to assist and about 50 firefighters worked together to knock the blaze down.
The nearest hydrant was over 1000 feet away and overhead power lines made the situation increasingly difficult for the firefighters on scene. The fire was deemed accidental after the family gathered up fireworks and stored them in a box after shooting them off. The Fire Marshal's office said the box most likely combusted. Three cars, a motorcycle and a gold cart were lost in the fire, but all five residents escaped unharmed. The Red Cross is currently aiding the displaced family.