No injuries in lunch hour fire at Warren waterfront restaurant

  • Source: WPRO AM-630 & FM-99.7
  • Published: 03/14/2019 12:40 PM

Lunch hour diners put down their forks and made for the exits when fire broke out in the ventilation hood of a landmark eatery on Town Wharf in Warren. No one was hurt in the smoky blaze at the Trafford Restaurant on Water Street, where firefighters were alerted by the smoke streaming from the roof, said Warren Fire Chief James Souza. “Bystanders noticed a lot of smoke coming from the roof, (firefighters) showed up on the scene, notified the occupants inside, pulled the fire alarm and got them out,” Souza said. “We just had a small hood fire, something in our (ventilation) hood system caught fire,” said Trafford Restaurant front-of-the house manager Drew Farnworth. “There’s minimal, minimal damage.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe