One person was injured after a fire broke out at their home early Saturday morning in Narragansett.
Crews were called to Knowlesway around 4:30 a.m. for a report of a house fire.
When they arrived, they found the single family home with a “well developed” fire.
The only person inside the home made it out, but was transported to South County hospital for smoke inhalation, according to fire officials.
Fire officials said there is severe damage to the first floor of the home and at one point flames had even spread to the lawn.
“Saw some flames coming out. Immediately asked my daughter to get out of the house. We were in danger.”
Neighbors told 12 News, they woke up to screaming and said the flames came very close to their home.
“A woman who lived down the street, she woke up because of the smell of smoke, she had her window open.