A father and son are temporarily displaced after a fire broke out at a one-story home on Byron Ct. in North Kingstown Tuesday afternoon.
North Kingstown Fire Chief Scott Kettelle confirmed no one was home when the fire broke out in the basement. A passerby called about smoke coming from the house at around 4:30 p.m.
The fire was under control by 5:15 p.m. Chief Kettelle said the fire is accidental in nature, and appears to be electrical.
There were no injuries, but a cat was found deceased inside the home.
Chief Kettelle said the father and adult son who live in the home will be able to move back in eventually, but the Red Cross is assisting them with housing for the night. The house sustained smoke damage, as well as damage to electrical wiring.