Fire forces Johnston family out of home

  • Source: WJAR-TV NBC 10 Providence
  • Published: 07/30/2021 12:00 AM

A fire forced four people out of their Johnston home early Friday morning. The flames broke out in the Plainfield Street house at about 3 a.m. There were no reports of injuries. The Red Cross was helping the family. Officials said the fire started in wiring in an attic crawl space. "There was pretty heavy fire up on the top floor as you see there. We got in there and got it, knocked it down," said Fire Chief Peter Lamb. "In a house like this, you have to check all the spaces, all the walls, etc., to make sure there's no hidden fire." One of the residents tried to put it out with a hose, but there was too much smoke. The family escaped with two dogs, but two ferrets did not make it. The house was too heavily damaged to live in.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe