Pawtucket home damaged by kitchen fire; 10 displaced

  • Source: WPRI-TV CBS/MyNetworkTV 12 Providence
  • Published: 01/13/2022 06:26 PM

Ten Pawtucket residents were forced out into the cold due to a kitchen fire Thursday night, according to Pawtucket Fire Captain Richard Taylor. The fire broke out on the second floor of a multi-family home on Dunnell Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Taylor said while firefighters were able to knock the flames down quickly, all three floors sustained significant fire, smoke and water damage. “It had potential to really escalate if they didn’t get in there,” Taylor said. Raudney Andrade, who lives on the first floor and owns the building, tells 12 News he immediately went up to the second floor to check on his tenants when he heard the smoke detectors going off. “I thought they were just frying something, but nobody was answering,” Andrade recalled. “I saw smoke coming off of the door, from the bottom and on top. I ran outside, and on the last window, from the kitchen, there was fire coming out.”



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe