Cranston home damaged by reignited fireworks

  • Source: WJAR-TV NBC 10 Providence
  • Published: 07/06/2022 12:00 AM

A family of four is cleaning out what’s left of their belongings after a pile of fireworks they had set off reignited, setting their Cranston home on fire Monday night. The Rhode Island state fire marshal said the family had put used fireworks into a cardboard box when they relit. The marshal said no one was hurt but the home on Legion Way is not livable. “Losing your home over fireworks is sad,” said the family's neighbor, Debbie Leclerc. According to Rhode Island law, only hand-held sparklers can be used by the general public, 16 years old and older. Cranston police said while the investigation is ongoing, the family told them they bought legal fireworks at Walmart. “These houses are all close together so it could have easily spread to one of the other houses and thank god nobody got hurt,” said Joe Morenzi, a neighbor.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe