North Kingstown officials respond to house fire

  • Source: WLNE-TV ABC 6 New Bedford
  • Published: 07/01/2024 10:27 AM

North Kingstown officials said they responded to a structure fire Sunday night. According to officials, North Kingstown Police and Fire Departments responded to 46 Pojac Point Road for a residential structure fire. The house was under renovation and the homeowner was not home, according to officials. The State Fire Marshal Officers responded to conduct an investigation and found that the fire was confirmed to be accidental with no suspected signs and/or evidence of arson. According to their investigation, it appeared the fire started from a chemical mixture of floor staining, other materials and chemicals, and sanding floor dust debris discarded in trash bags inside the garage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe