Follow up: Corroded extension cord sparked fire at TwoTen Oyster Bar in South Kingstown

  • Source: WJAR-TV NBC 10 Providence
  • Published: 06/11/2024 01:02 PM

Officials announced a fire that shut down TwoTen Oyster Bar and Grill was caused by an extension cord. The fire marshal said the fire on June 4 originated from an extension cord used to power coolers on an outdoor deck. Officials said over time, the salt air caused corrosion, leading to resistance in the cord and plugs. No one was injured in the fire. The owner said the restaurant will be closed for several months while undergoing repairs.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe