Electrical problem causes fire that damages Marion home, official says

  • Source: WPDE-TV ABC 15 Florence
  • Published: 08/02/2022 12:00 AM

An electrical problem is believed to have caused a fire Monday morning that damaged a home in the 300 block of Huggins Street in Marion, according to Marion City Fire Chief Jeremy Bass. Bass said upon arrival in under two minutes, crews found a working fire in the rear of the home with heavy smoke throughout it. He added those inside the home managed to get out. Crews got mutual aid from Windy Hill Fire and Marion Rural Fire Departments and those firefighters also assisted with manpower and backfill coverage of stations. Officers with the Marion Police Dept. helped with traffic control. The American Red Cross of South Carolina responded to assist the displaced family. There were no injuries as a result of the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe