VIDEO: Kanyon Kupfer visited the University of Utah Hospital burn unit Wednesday morning, days after she was hit by a firework during the Roy Days firework show.
The 10-year-old and her family had been sitting on the west side of the park during the firework show when the wind pushed the fireworks towards them.
“It burnt right through my blanket and then it got me after it hit my blanket,” said Kupfer.
Screaming and running to her parents, Kupfer pointed to her legs where she was in pain. In the chaos of the crowd, Kupfer was rushed over to an ambulance on-scene, treated and released.
“Now it’s the size of a dollar bill that’s been ripped off of her leg,” said Kanyon's father Kevin Kupfer. “The skin has been ripped off and it’s all red. It’s definitely a lot redder than the ankle on her other leg too.”