Wood beam in contact with chimney stovepipe ignites fire in Hurricane

  • Source: St George News
  • Published: 02/06/2019 07:19 AM

PHOTO: Occupants of a home in Hurricane were displaced Tuesday morning due to an attic fire. The Hurricane Valley Fire District responded to a house fire in the area of 100 West and 300 South around 8:50 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the attic, Hurricane Valley Fire Battalion Chief Merlin Spendlove said. A woman was outside trying the put the fire out with a garden hose when firefighters arrived. She, along with other occupants of the home, where evacuated from the structure while firefighters got to work. No fire was found in the home beyond the attic and firefighters cut holes in the roof to gain better access to the fire in order to extinguish it.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe