Follow Up: Firefighters remind residents Christmas trees can be volatile after house fire displaces family in Sandy

  • Source: KSTU-TV Fox 13 Now Salt Lake City
  • Published: 01/10/2019 08:11 AM

VIDEO: Two pets were killed and a family has been displaced after a house fire, which investigators believe was sparked in part due to a Christmas tree. Battalion Chief Eric Larson of the Sandy Fire Department said they responded to the home near 12000 South and 1200 East around 12:30 a.m. Thursday. Crews arrived to find all occupants of the home had evacuated, and crews extinguished the fire in a matter of minutes. One person suffered minor smoke inhalation but did not require transport to a hospital. Two cats were killed in the fire. "Fire is still under investigation at this time," Larson said. "We do believe that it had something to do with a Christmas tree, so just a reminder to folks about live Christmas trees and how volatile they can be, and a reminder for everybody to check their smoke detectors and make sure they’re working as well.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe