VIDEO: A fire that engulfed an RV in the storage lot of a local business near the Fiesta Fun Center in St. George was quickly doused be responding firefighters Thursday afternoon. The St. George Fire Department received a report of a vehicle fire in the area of 1160 South and 100 East around 3:30 p.m. As they approached the area, St. George Fire Chief Robert Stoker said, “We could see there was a bit of smoke and fire.”
The plume of smoke created by the fire was visible from the highway and several blocks around the area.
Firefighters originally worried that the burning RV was on a sales yard with other RVs close by, which had the potential to spread other vehicles. Fortunately, the RV was in a storage yard where vehicles and other potentially flammable material were set far apart from each other.