On Wednesday the owner, a Salt Lake City resident, was visiting his second home in the Timber Lakes area to the East of Heber. Wasatch County Fire District Public Information Officer Janet Carson says the man was there to have some work done on his place.
“He had the propane company come up and relight his furnace for him, and was doing some maintenance things,” Carson said. “Out on the backside of his home, he noticed smoke and flames. He called 9-1-1 and it looped up into the top level of the home. It was a three-level home, and so it's fully engulfed when we arrived on the scene. So, we didn't go in until we were able to knock it down. Then we entered up from the top on the third level to put the fire out, but it was pretty extensive damage. So he did have some things down on the main level that was salvageable, but it was quite a substantial amount of damage.”