Attic fire destroys building at residential treatment center in LaVerkin

  • Source: St George News
  • Published: 01/12/2021 12:00 AM

VIDEO: Hurricane Valley Fire personnel responded to a structure fire Sunday evening at the North Star Residential Treatment Center located on State Street in LaVerkin after receiving a call from dispatch reporting “a lot of smoke” and flames. Candace Harris, who lives behind the treatment center, said in an email to St. George News that she was alerted to the fire by the center’s alarm at approximately 9:15 p.m. “We heard their alarm going off and went in the backyard. At that point there was smoke coming from the vents in the roof,” Harris said. Fire crews arrived at the live-in treatment home for troubled teenaged boys shortly after, and according to a press release from Hurricane Valley Fire, they found heavy flames along the entire length of the attic of the building in which the fire was located. “The attic fire caused the roof to collapse,” the press release said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe