New bill passed in honor of a Kents Store firefighter who died of cancer

  • Source: WCAV-TV
  • Published: 07/08/2018 09:01 PM

Firefighters in Kents Store thanked state lawmakers Sunday for passing two bills that will help prevent future firefighters from developing cancer on the job. These bills were signed in honor of volunteer firefighter, Victor Breeden, who died of cancer due to inhaling the dangerous toxins that come with rescuing others. Andrew Pullen, chief of the Kents Store Volunteer Fire Department, said he never thought fighting for legislation would become part of his duty. That changed when one of his firefighters, Victor Breeden, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. "Your goal as a leader has to be, and this is what I've learned, take care of your people first, and then they will take care of you," said Pullen.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe