Fire Chief: Family displaced after hot tub explodes, destroys house in Appomattox County

  • Source: WBDJ7 Roanoke News
  • Published: 05/14/2018 04:18 PM

A family of three is displaced after a fire destroyed their home early Monday morning. It happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Gallier Ln., according to chief Jonathan Garrett, with the Appomattox Volunteer Fire Department. Garrett says it appears the fire started after a hot tub exploded on the outside of the home. Garrett says the fire does not appear suspicious, but, the cause remains “under review.” No injuries were reported. The family is staying with a nearby family member.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe