Tobacco barns in Pittsylvania County destroyed in fire

  • Source: WBTM-AM Oldies 1330
  • Published: 10/10/2018 07:03 AM

An early morning fire destroyed two bulk barns in Pittsylvania County. Ringgold Fire Chief Mike Neal says the call came in about 3 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters responded to Marvin Collie Drive in the Kentuck community and found the barns fully involved. A dozen barns were saved but two went up in flames. The tobacco belonged to Michael Thompson and was being cured. It is believed the fire started in a faulty heat exchanger. 24 firefighters responded from Ringgold, Kentuck and Blairs and were on the scene for two-and-a-half hours. There were no injuries.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe