West Springfield townhouse fire starts in kitchen

  • Source: Patch Virginia
  • Published: 04/17/2019 12:00 AM

A kitchen fire in West Springfield resulted in no injuries Tuesday, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue. Units responded to a townhouse in the 8100 block of Squirrel Run Road. Two people were home and were alerted to the fire by smoke alarms. According to a tweet from 6:29 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters quickly put out the blaze in the kitchen. Fire investigators determined the case was cooking oil igniting from an unattended pot on the stove. The fire department's initial damage estimate is $6,250.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe