Fairfax County: Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials Cause Another House Fire

  • Source: Fairfax News
  • Published: 04/18/2019 06:46 AM

On Wednesday, April 17, at approximately 9:16 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and the City of Fairfax Fire Department were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 12000 block of Washington Street in the Fairfax area of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene of a one-story, single family house with fire showing from the rear of the home. Units quickly worked to extinguish the fire. There was some minor extension into the roof and attic. There were no reported civilian or firefighter injuries. No one was home at the time of the fire. The fire was discovered by one of the occupants upon returning home who then called 9-1-1. There were no working smoke alarms present in the home. Fire Investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature and started on the exterior of the house.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe