Wood stove malfunction causes house fire in Henry County

  • Source: WBDJ7 Roanoke News
  • Published: 02/10/2019 01:27 PM

Officials with the Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department -- among other agencies -- say they responded to a house fire in the Collinsville area of Henry County. No injuries were reported in the fire, but Tyler Beam, Chief of the Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department says the fire was the result of a wood stove malfunction, and arriving crews found the home completely engulfed in flames. Chief Beam says firefighters arrived at 4065 Daniels Creek Road around 10:34 a.m. to extinguish the fire. Beam says the fire was put to rest very quickly. "My guys, they do a really awesome job. They're good at what they do," Beam said. There is no word on how many people lived at the home or how much the damages will cost the homeowners.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe