Electrical fire displaces one person in Portsmouth

  • Source: WTKR Channel 3 News
  • Published: 01/08/2019 03:02 PM

A fire has forced one person out of their home in the 200 block of Beazley Drive Tuesday. Portsmouth Fire Rescue and Emergency Services crews were dispatched to the home at 4:09 p.m., arriving to find smoke coming from the roof and attic area. After entering the home to find the source, firefighters quickly found the origin of the fire and were able to extinguish it. The fire was contained to the attic. No injuries to civilians or firefighters were reported. Authorities say while the preliminary cause of the fire is electrical, the Portsmouth Fire Marshal’s Office is continuing to investigate the incident.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe