Combustible items left on stove ignite Fairfax townhouse fire

  • Source: Fairfax News
  • Published: 06/07/2019 07:03 AM

On Wednesday, June 5 at approximately 10:30 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and the City of Fairfax Fire Department responded to a reported house fire in the 10200 block of Braddock Road in the Fairfax area of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene of a middle-unit, townhouse to find smoke showing and a large volume of fire in the rear kitchen area. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. There were no civilian injuries. One firefighter from the City of Fairfax Fire Department sustained a minor injury. He was transported to an area hospital for treatment. No one was home at the time of the fire. Five adults were in the final stages of moving in but had not begun to occupy the townhouse.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe