A woman is recovering from smoke inhalation after her home was burned in an electrical fire Tuesday morning.
The fire started around 3:30 a.m. at a home at the corner of 6th Street SE and Druid Avenue. Multiple firefighters were on scene, working to contain the flames.
Fire investigators say the woman was the only person at the home when the fire started. She was able to get out before firefighters arrived, then she was taken to the hospital.
Fire crews say the home has significant damage, and they have notified the Red Cross to help the woman find a place to stay.
Investigators say the fire started because an extension cord was attached to a space heater, and it overheated.