Fire closes Wytheville surplus store

  • Source: Southwest Virginia Today
  • Published: 03/13/2019 02:18 AM

The Wytheville Surplus Property Store/Warehouse at 800 E. Main St. might be without power for several days after a fire at the store Tuesday morning. Wytheville Fire Chief Marc Brade said the electrical fire started around 10:30 a.m. in a back room of the store where electricity runs in from outside. He said the fire appears to be accident, possibly from malfunctioning equipment. No injuries were reported. The fire chief said there was substantial damage to the electrical system, but minimal damage to the building with no compromise to the structure.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe