Salem Fire & EMS responds to ammonia leak at US Foods

  • Source: WBDJ7 Roanoke News
  • Published: 03/13/2019 03:42 PM

The Salem Fire & EMS Department responded to an alarm for ammonia at US Foods Wednesday morning. According to a news release, the incident occurred at approximately 11:54 a.m. When firefighters arrived at the facility, located at 40 Fort Lewis Boulevard, employees confirmed that there was an ammonia leak inside of a mechanical room. A Regional Hazardous Materials response was initiated, and personnel from the Salem Fire & EMS Department, Roanoke Fire & EMS Department and the Virginia Department of Emergency Management all responded to the incident. The leak was confined to the equipment room and the rest of the building was not evacuated during the incident, the report stated.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe