Electrical Malfunction Sparks Fairfax County House Fire

  • Source: Fairfax News
  • Published: 05/16/2019 06:38 AM

On Wednesday, May 15, at approximately 8:59 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and Arlington County Fire Department were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 3100 block of Dashiell Road in the Westlawn section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene and reported fire and smoke showing from the rear of a two-story, single family home. Crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire, which was primarily on the outside of the house with some extension inside. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries reported. Sadly, two dogs were found perished inside the home. No occupants were home at the time of the fire. The fire was discovered by a neighbor who called 9-1-1. Smoke alarms were present, but it is unknown if they activated.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe