Vinton business damaged in electrical fire

  • Source: WBDJ7 Roanoke News
  • Published: 05/16/2019 02:55 PM

A Vinton business suffered minor damage Thursday after an electrical fire broke out inside. According to a release from Roanoke County Fire and Rescue, crews responded at about 11:25 a.m. Thursday to the 100 block of Walnut Avenue to a report of a commercial structure fire. First arriving crews from Vinton found nothing showing from the exterior of the tanning business, but found smoke and flames in the interior. The fire was brought under control in about 10 minutes. There were no injuries, the release said. The business was occupied at the time of the fire. Units from Vinton and The City of Roanoke also responded to the fire. The Roanoke County Fire Marshal has investigated and determined the fire to be accidental and the result of electrical components in one of the tanning beds. Damages are estimated at $15,000 to $20,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe