No one hurt, dog rescued after Blacksburg house fire

  • Source: WSLS-TV NBC 10 Roanoke
  • Published: 07/30/2020 03:47 PM

Several people and pets are safe after a house fire in Blacksburg on Thursday evening. It happened in the 300 block of Upland Road near downtown Blacksburg. The fire appeared to have started in an upstairs kitchen. Crews on scene told 10 News that the residents and their animals made it out safely, though firefighters did rescue a dog and give it an oxygen mask. The fire remains under investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe