Charlottesville Fire Department: Fire displaces 17, causes roughly $100K in damages

  • Source: WVIR-TV NBC29
  • Published: 03/24/2020 07:34 AM

A fire caused by an unattended pan on a stove is believed to have caused more than $100,000 in damages to an apartment building on Prospect Avenue, according to the Charlottesville Fire Department. Crews responded to the multi-family apartment building a little before 9 p.m. Monday, March 24. None of the people who live at the apartments were injured, and several rescued pets are expected to be OK. The fire extended through the wall behind the stove of a first-floor unit, and into the apartment above. A total of 17 people were displaced due to the fire or water damage, and are working with the Red Cross services.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe