Furnace malfunction causes $90K in damage to upscale Fairfax County home, kills cat

  • Source: WJLA-TV ABC 7 Arlington
  • Published: 11/19/2020 12:00 AM

A gas furnace malfunction sparked a fire in the basement of a Fairfax County home Tuesday evening causing $90,000 in damage, according to authorities. The incident occurred on the 15200 block of Eagle Tavern Way in the Virginia Run subdivision in Centreville. Crews reportedly rapidly extinguished the fire, and there were no civilian or firefighter injuries, but sadly one cat was found deceased. Three occupants were home at the time of the fire and discovered it when one of the residents smelled something burning and then discovered a fire in their utility room in the basement.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe