PHOTOS: Fire officials say a family has been displaced following a Friday morning fire at a Danville home.
Crews responded to a reported structure fire at the 100 block of Shannon Drive at 2:55 a.m.
According to the Danville Fire Department, a single-story residential had heavy fire showing from the rear and roof of the structure. All occupants were out when crews arrived. Two adults and five children were displaced -- the American Red Cross is assisting them with temporary shelter. They say the residence is a total loss. Four engines, one ladder truck a safety officer and a chief officer responded. The Danville Life Saving Crew as well as the Danville Police Department and the City Utilities department assisted.