Kitchen fire forces seven out of their Danville apartment

  • Source: WSLS-TV NBC 10 Roanoke
  • Published: 02/20/2021 01:47 PM

A kitchen fire early Saturday morning leaves seven people without a place to live in Danville. It happened around 2:30 a.m. at the Woodside Village complex on Piney Forest Road. When firefighters entered the second-story apartment, they found fire in the kitchen area. The fire started on the stovetop and spread to the cabinets in the kitchen. The apartment had heat and smoke damage. Two other units downstairs have water damage. Three adults and four children escaped before crews arrived. The American Red Cross is assisting them with lodging. Three apartments are not livable until repairs can be made, according to the Danville Fire Department. The Fire Marshal confirmed the fire was started by unattended cooking on the stovetop. Danville Police Dept., Danville Utilities, and the Danville Life Saving Crew assisted.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe