Two injured in Dumfries townhouse fire sparked by artificial Christmas tree

  • Source: Inside NoVA
  • Published: 01/12/2021 08:16 AM

Two people were injured in an early-morning townhouse fire in Dumfries caused by faulty wiring on an artificial Christmas tree. Fire crews were called to the 2800 block of Banks Court at 1:32 a.m. Tuesday and arrived to find the town house "well involved in fire," Prince William County fire and rescue said in a news release. The residents woke to the smell of smoke and safely evacuated as the fire rapidly intensified. The two residents, both adults, suffered non-life threatening injuries and were treated at local medical facilities, fire officials said. They are receiving temporary assistance from the American Red Cross. The townhouse was declared a total loss. The Fire Marshal's Office concluded the fire was accidental caused by the wiring on an artificial Christmas tree.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe