3 displaced after townhouse fire in Virginia Beach

  • Source: WAVY-TV NBC 10 Portsmouth
  • Published: 10/25/2021 12:54 PM

No injuries were reported after a 2-story townhouse caught fire Monday morning on Chancery Lane in Virginia Beach. The call came in at 11:09 a.m. from the 3700 block. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the first floor of the home. The fire was marked under control as of 11:35 a.m. Fire officials said three people were displaced from the home as a result of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting them. One adult was treated on the scene for minor injuries, and did not need to go to the hospital. There was also a pet in the home, which was not injured. Investigators have ruled this a kitchen grease fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe