No injuries were reported after a 2-story townhouse caught fire Monday morning on Chancery Lane in Virginia Beach.
The call came in at 11:09 a.m. from the 3700 block. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the first floor of the home. The fire was marked under control as of 11:35 a.m.
Fire officials said three people were displaced from the home as a result of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting them.
One adult was treated on the scene for minor injuries, and did not need to go to the hospital.
There was also a pet in the home, which was not injured.
Investigators have ruled this a kitchen grease fire.