Two displaced after malfunctioning motor sparks house fire in Danville

  • Source: WFXR-TV FOX 27 Roanoke
  • Published: 09/14/2021 01:50 AM

Fire officials say that two Danville residents are displaced after a malfunctioning motor led to a Monday night house fire. According to the Danville Fire Department, crews were dispatched to a report of a structure fire at 138 College Avenue at approximately 10:38 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13. When units arrived at the scene, they found a two-story residence “heavily charged with smoke,” the department says. Family members reportedly told fire personnel that everyone was out of the house and that the fire was in a second-floor bathroom. After crews went in the house and up the stairs, they found a fire in a bathroom that extended into the attic. However, first responders managed to extinguish the fire and contain the extension of flames to a small place in the attic. There are no reports of injuries resulting from this fire.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe